Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

A New Page

Hello, and happy 2011 to everyone!
It feels good to be back, I know it's been a while. I originally started this blog as a way to document my job search when I left university. I felt very frustrated by, what I viewed at the time as an endless search for that first marketing or PR job. There didn't seem to be any help available to graduates once they left university.
Looking back, I realise that my job search actually wasn't that long, and I was in a full time marketing position three months after graduation. I was lucky in a way because some of my classmates still don't have jobs, and some have had to move away to get one. But it wasn't just luck on my side, I worked really hard to enhance my skills and find that first position, and now I'm there it's proven very worthwhile.
I had stopped blogging once I found my job, but I've been thinking increasingly about it the last few weeks, so I decided today to start it up again. Hopefully I'll be able to pass on some of my experiences to other graduates, as well as writing some more opinion pieces.
I appreciate every single person that takes the time to read this blog, so please feel free to comment either on here, or you can find me on twitter (see the column on the left side of the page).
So here's to 2011!

No comments: