Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

The value of meeting the right people

I have good reason for my lack of updates so far this week, as I've been kept busy by a new internship at an event company here in Newcastle. Although I've only just started I'm having such a good time. Working in the all-girl office is such fun, and the company have some really good clients who all have very different kinds of events coming up. The two company directors are really letting me get involved, handing all the marketing and PR efforts over to me. It's a huge amount of responsibility, but so valuable. Plus I'm being allowed enough free time to keep up with my freelance writing work. I know people who have done nothing but make tea, or hand out leaflets during work placements in marketing or PR, so I feel incredibly lucky to be working with such a great company.
If anyone in the North East is looking for a creative event company to help them with ideas generation or event management, check out Sailor Girl Ltd at www.sailorgirlltd.com

No comments: